Mitt år som bergenser...

A new year, with new possibilities... This time, in english! I'm still far away from home, but at least I'm in the same country now. And blogging in english makes me maintain my foreign braincells, AND my foreign friends can also read my blog :)

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My math-teacher.


Our math-teacher is probably the dullest and most uninteresting person I have ever met in my life!
To take in consideration, I have never, ever liked math! and this teacher really doesn't improve matters!

My beloved teacher does not have a language really. Yes, he speaks norwegian, but to speak norwegian you must have a dialect - he does not. He speaks a mixture of several dialects, but it has such a flat tone so it's acctually painful to listen to him speak.
He is also so insecure he's scared to contradict the students.

Well, to the point!
Yesterday, only 15 out of 28 students showed up for lecture. After what felt like an eternity, we got a 15 minute break (me and my friend had been playing finger-football with a piece of clay at the back row). The entire back row glanced at eachother, and began to pack our bags.

I'm a very sensitive person, and my heart really goes out to poor creatures like him. I usually just stay, because I feel bad for them - but I couldn't stand this misery!

The worst part really was that the teacher didn't leave the room during the break, so he witnessed all the packing.
I briefly waved my visa-card in the air, pretending I was just going down to the cafeteria.
He stopped us by the door, and asked if he was loosing us! I couldn't face him, so I pushed everybody else aside, and ran out...

There were 6 people left during the rest of the lecture.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Scholiast said…

    aww. poor thing... but I'm with you, it's not worth it, and you won't learn anything!

    Maths, huh, whoda thunk it ;) You're doing it again!?

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger Scholiast said…

    btw - here's a tip :)

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nei og atter nei. Så trist. Jeg kjenner det så igjen, både hvor langt inne det sitter å skulle forlate, og følelsen av å skulle være igjen når det blir SÅÅÅÅ begredelig. Her hadde også jeg forlatt - bare så det er sagt.

    Men stakkars mann. Han er antakelig så kjedelig at han sovner av sitt eget speilbilde. Neste gang han kommer for sent om morgenen, kan du tenke litt på at han kanskje har hatt en blund eller to under morgenstellet :)

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For his sake, I do hope he never reads this!!

    Take care, lovely to have you back "on the air"

    Love, Granny in Svolvær

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger bluestockings said…

    Hei Julie! Så bra du har begynt å skrive igjen! Men hvorfor tar du matte? Og er det vanskelig?:S Jeg pleier også å gå fra forelesninga hvis foreleseren er dårlig, da tar de kanskje lettere hintet om at de burde forbedre seg;P Men jeg får egentlig veldig lite ut av forelesning uansett da, lærer mer av å bruke tiden på å lese selv;) Men matte har jeg ikke lykkes i å lese selv da, bare så det er sagt!

    Gleder meg til å treffe deg i jula!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page Content invisible hit counter